A viable alternative to spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles might just blow you away. All you need to make these amazing noodles is a spiralizer and a few zucchini. . The taste is, personally, just as satisfying as an indulgent Italian pasta dinner, and the nutritional benefits are vast. It’s loaded with vitamin C, folate, potassium, vitamin A, lutein, and zucchinis contain a high water content making them super low in calories.
- 4 zucchinis
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Tool: Spiralizer
- Wash the zucchinis well.
- Slice the zucchinis in half and assemble one half at a time on spiralizer.
- Push through and allow noodles to fall into a bowl.
- Cut the noodles into sizes that you prefer (optional — but be aware that some can get very long!)
- Warm in a large pan over medium-low with olive oil until soft – about 5-10 minutes. (You can also use a microwave but I prefer the stove). You don’t have to heat them but they will soften after heated.
- If needed, drain the noodles before adding your desired toppings.