This recipe is an excellent use for all the leftover fruit or vegetable pulp you get when juicing. Not only is it delicious, but it helps squeeze every last drop of nutrition out of those veggies.
- 1 1/2 cups Pulp (carrot and zucchini work wonderfully, but almost any mix of veggies or fruits will work!)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nuts or seeds chopped
Beat together oil and honey, then add eggs, vanilla and pulp.
Sift dry ingredients and add to pulp mixture
- Add nuts last.
- Bake in a greased 9 inch loaf pan at 350F for 45 to 60 minutes depending on your oven.