A recent study found that dry-roasted nuts are actually more easily digested, which means that their nutrients are more easily released. While almonds are a superfood, roasted nuts that use oil, honey or salt can pack on lots of extra fat and sugar, so try to stick to raw or unsalted dry roasted almonds. Almonds help satisfy hunger and boost energy. This vanilla cinnamon almond butter makes a great high protein, high fiber snack.
- 2 cups roasted almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place almonds in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for a few minutes at a time, making sure to scrape the sides of the food processor bowl frequently.
- Process for about 5-7 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
- Store in a closed jar.