Even those who typically hate sweet potato, don’t care of chickpeas and have had enough quinoa for a lifetime will love this hearty and healthy chili. Even kids will eat it without any fuss and go back for seconds.
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 2 15 oz cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider or fresh apple juice with 2 or 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- In a large stockpot, add olive oil and diced sweet potatoes. Saute for approximately 8 minutes to soften potatoes.
- Add in all remaining ingredients.
- Simmer on medium for 20 minutes.
- Turn to low and simmer for another 40 minutes.