This is a creamy red velvet chocolate smoothie — ideal for you to make on your darling with Valentine’s Day (or yourself of course). It’s even ideal for all those nights when all you want is chocolate however need to consume wholesome goodness! Beets are an excellent tonic for your liver and also provide iron, magnesium, folate, potassium and also nitrates. Nitrates are excellent for muscle energy and have been demonstrated to increase muscle strength and endurance while working out.
- 1/4 to 1/2 beet
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or nut milk
- 1 cup water or coconut water
- 1 handful of ice
- 2 tsp of maple syrup or pure honey
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Peel the beetroot(optional) and scoop out the avocado flesh.
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.