The Omega J8006 Juicer is a “low speed” (80 RPM) masticating style juicer. This means that it makes use of an extremely durable auger to chop the food into smaller pieces and force it through a strainer to squeeze out the liquid. While this low speed means it takes a few more seconds to get your juice, it prevents oxidation, heat build up and foam; preserving all the nutrients and enzymes you want in your juice. While masticating style juicers usually cost a bit more, this is not without it’s benefits. You can extract juice from even the driest of vegetables like Wheat Grass, and get up to 20% or more juice than you would from a centrifugal style juicer. Consider adding another 20% to your produce bill and you’ll quickly see the cost benefit of spending a little bit more on a masticating juicer.
The Omega J8006 is not a one trick pony: it also allows you to grind coffee, nuts and spices. You can use your J8006 to make nut butter, fresh soy milk, make fresh natural baby food and even comes with attachments allowing you to extrude pasta and bread sticks. The construction is extremely sturdy metal body construction, this thing will not shake or walk all over your counter top. It quietly produces an extremely dry pulp with little waste and achieves it all without taking up too much counter space. After juicing, cleaning up is extremely quick and easy. Additionally, Omega offers a ridiculous 15 year warranty on the J8006 juicer so you don’t need to worry about anything breaking.
- Low speed, masticating style juicing system
- Omega’s Nutrition Center does more than just juice. You can turn nuts into nut butters (an all-natural peanut butter), make baby food from natural, fresh ingredients, whip up soy milk, extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, and mince herbs and garlic.
- Includes a GE Ultem Auger which is 8x stronger than most other plastics.
- Powerful gear reduction is equivalent to a 2HP Motor.
- Juicer processes at 80rpm’s. Low speed or masticating style juicer squeezes, instead of grinding, which allows the juice to maintain its pure color, natural taste, vitamins and nutrients.
- Dual stage juicer. First, juice is extracted by crushing the fruit or vegetable. Then, before the pulp is ejected, the pulp is squeezed during the second pressed stage. This results in a higher yield of juice and a very dry pulp.
- Extracts the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, taste and juice from minimum amounts of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens such as spinach and kale, even wheat grass.
- Economical. Since the juicer is so efficient and productive, you’ll get the greatest amount of juice from the least amount of produce.
- The low speed system does not mean a longer time to juice. It means a more efficient juicer. More nutrients and antioxidants, plus better flavored juice and freshness.
- Engineered for quiet operation and longer life.
- The low speed system limits froth and foam preventing oxidation.
- Juice can be stored for up to 72 hours without degradation or the juice separation that occurs with other juicers.
- 15 Year Warrenty
- Higher yield compared to centrifugal juicers
- Low speed juice extraction prevents heat and oxidation from damaging nutrients and enzyems
- Durable metal housing and construction
- Heavy-Duty 2HP motor
- The feed tube is on the smaller side, you’ll have to cut up your fruits and veggies a bit smaller
- Slower juicing
- It’s a bit pricey, but this can be offset over time by the increased output
- There have been a couple complaints about the auger being scratched/shaved during the juicing process but this seems very rare.