You probably already have all the ingredients for this delicious dip lying around! Kale might be a divisive ingredient, but trust me when I say this is a crowd hit that comes together in just a couple of minutes.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 cups kale leaves, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus a drizzle for garnish
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 large lemon)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 to 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cannellini and/or chickpeas, rinsed and drained well (I used one 15oz can of each)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the garlic, toasted pine nuts and kale.
- Pulse until coarsely chopped. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. With the processor running, add the olive oil, lemon juice and water in a steady stream through the feed tube until combined but still coarse.
- Add in the Parmesan, salt and pepper and pulse until combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in the drained beans and the balsamic vinegar.
- Process the mixture until smooth with some chunks (my preference), scraping down the bowl as needed. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you have time, chill in the fridge for at least 30 to 60 minutes, if not longer, to really let the flavors meld. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with kale chips, tortilla chips, pita chips, fresh veggies, whatever you have on hand