This cauliflower garlic mashed potatoes recipe is super simple and if you didn’t know it was cauliflower, you would swear that you were eating rich, carb-filled mashed potatoes. It tastes exactly like the real thing, and if you ask me its even easier to make than regular mashed potatoes.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp straight chicken base or bullion
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat
- Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
- In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.